[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - Eastside Vs Westside, we're fillin' the Metro with mud, mud, mud
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:01 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 pm 

Speaking of the extremes of the East and Westsides,WAY West here, but I felt quite happy with how this turned out. I wont be able to show anything much lately, as my camera is getting some attention at Pentax now, but after this 2-3 week hiatus there will be!

And one for Mike, to keep him at home in Montana.

Alec

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:49 am 

http://brahamfireman.rrpicturearchives. ... id=1258473

Rarely, if ever shot location that needs some trees trimmed awayif the trees were gone you could see St. Paul but your facing slightly south then.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:26 pm 

Been meaning to get a shot there sometime soon. Oh, and by the way, THE EAST SIDE HAS THE ONLY TUNNLES IN THE TWIN CITIES. EAST SIDE :twisted:

my train pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:34 pm 

Here's another unique to the east side.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 8&nseq=138

Tunnels did someone mention tunnels, I'll be right back I think I have few........ :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:57 am 

Here is something that's hard to get in St. Paul, a whole lotta BN! I'll post some more tomorrow, but I just got home from MT and I'm pooped.

Also, just to clarify, that empty coal train (SCKX) was not a TCW train. The TCW coal empties use the ex-Milwaukee mainline and don't get on the NP until Terry, MT. I should have realized that immediately.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:31 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:26 pm 

St. Paul still has its Union Depot, which will become the NEW Amtrak station. The GN depot is no more. But Minneapolis can still rely on its Milwaukee Road Depot.

my train pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:24 pm 

I apologize for the continued delay, but nevertheless here are some photos from Minneapolis. Most of these are nearly 2 years old when I first started shooting digital so most could use from PP work, but I'm too lazy.

The light sucks, but I'm a sucker for the 7812. :oops:

No one can deny that St. Paul does have some great shots, but the problem is that most of them are within a very small area. There is more variety in Minneapolis and the shots are more spread out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 am 

Nice little slideshow there, Mike. That CP 6060 looks sooo familiar.... :lol:

Back to the turf war, heres one of my favorite SOO shots.

Next....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:18 pm 

WC,

I really LOVE that SOO Line shot! NICE job! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:08 pm 

Give up, Nick?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:21 pm 

Give up? Never! Well, eventually... outside of a handful of shots this winter, I've only been able to properly foam St. Paul for a few months, I don't have too much more to show for it.

That's about all I'm good for at the moment - I hope X Ray shows off some more of his stuff, he's got a lot of neat angles I haven't seen elsewhere.

There are some really compelling shots for the Minneapolis side of this issue... Mike's Soo shot (the bridge w/ SD60's and awesome light) is very respectable, as is the Sky Line + SD60's from Alec - how do you get to that location?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:14 pm 

Cheater! You can't post more than one shot from a spot. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:43 pm 

Althought I have maintained my swedish roots here and havent picked a side..... St. paul is the king for nite shots. Minneapolis is to far away and its to hard to get it in the shot.

Mike, here is one I know you will remember, its time to dig out the archives......

Its 2:30 in the morning, you've been on an eastbound out of glenwood since 4 this afternoon, as your crossing the Mississippi you look out the engineers window STRAIGHT at minneapolis. that is a shot I still to this day want to recreate, just need a crew willing to give me a ride at 3 in the morning.

maybe a frozen river pic???? if your daring enough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next