[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - SCV
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SCV
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 pm 

After I saw the BNSF Hinckley local headng south the other day with 4 or 5 grains cars on board, I headed east to see if the St. Croix Valley was coming back from Hinckley. Unfortnately there were not but I did find they had finally placed the new engine in service.

Just an another note, they looked very very busy with two long strings of cars just North of the facility

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:28 pm 

they normaly go North early in the morning, pick up the loads and drop the emptys before the Hinckley local gets there around noon/1pm. alhough I have heard them twice late in the evening getting a track warrent, but it must be super rare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:29 pm 

Was the 901 running it looked like it still had all the oil along the hood and walkway still, so I was not sure if it was operational when I swung by back in March,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:47 am 

Post subject: Re: SCV
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:23 pm 

just an update, the Flour mill in Rush City is extremely busy, drove through yesterday and there are cars everywhere. they have to park the power south of the depot a half mile by the next crossing because there isnt room. if anyone is heading this way, swing by.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:51 pm 

Coincidently I caught the Hinckley local coming through Braham last Thursday night, I noticed it was pretty long and wondered if SCV was busy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:37 pm 

what brought you up here??? heading north for the weekend??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:00 am 

Yes I had some business to attend to in Cambridge and the wife and I were heading to Duluth so I took advantage and followed the tracks where I could. Besdies the Hinckley I caught a tac train in Sandstone heading south.
I also noticed a lot of empty tac cars sitting in Cambridge, any idea why?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 pm 

there full of ties for the new tie project.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:21 pm 

[quote="xrayguy"]Coincidently I caught the Hinckley local coming through Braham last Thursday night, I noticed it was pretty long and wondered if SCV was busy.[/quote]

I took highway 61 home from Duluth on Sunday afternoon. The interchange tracks south of Hinckley were full and so was the old yard in downtown Hinckley. I would estimate there were between 100 and 145 cars of flour, wheat and tank cars. At Rush City there was a mile of cars to the south of town and about a half a mile of cars to the north of town. Lotta cars in North Branch too. Wow! I've never seen that many on that line before. :o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:11 pm 

We were getting 28%, a liquid fertilizer in by rail in North Branch, and a local contractor was getting calcium chloride for dust control on area gravel roads.

there's only two cars there now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 pm 

Any idea what the slam in traffic is about Braham? I've never seen anything like it before up there. My territory has been changed quite a bit, so I no longer get to talk with them. That geep of theirs must be on steroids for the tonnage I saw Sunday. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:34 pm 

no I dont know, I will ask around and see what I can come up with. I agree on the poor Geep, it must realy be a stought one.

on Edit, from a former supervisor at the SCXV. "car washing, pressure washing and sanitizing the Horizon fleet in Rush City."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:25 pm 

I too have noticed alot of cars heading that way but as of now I dont know if they are cleaning them of if there just that busy.