[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - SCV
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SCV
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:39 am 

Are there any updates on the fate of this railroad?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:35 pm 

From the Trains news wire-

Minnesota short line plans fall line reopening

RUSH CITY, Minn. - St. Croix Valley Railroad plans to reopen its Snake River bridge at Pine City, Minn., this fall after repairs are completed, the Pine City Pioneer has reported. The line has been closed since May, when ice damage removed a concrete pylon jacket and revealed deterioration in the bridge pier [see TRAINS News Wire, May 21, 2009].

SCV General Manager George LaPray said he's hired an engineering contractor to fix the bridge. They've applied to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for permits to conduct repairs. He hopes the contractor will be able to begin work by Aug. 1 and finish by the end of October. It will likely cost $700,000-$800,000 to fix the bridge.

SCV operates the ex-Northern Pacific "Skally Line" between North Branch and Hinckley, Minn. Its largest customer is a flour mill at Rush City, Minn., which hasn't been able to receive railcars since the bridge was discovered to be unsafe in May.

LaPray said he hopes a federal grant will cover some or all of the repair costs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:57 pm 

The switcher along with another ILS unit are at NTW this evening, out of phot range spotted south of the diesel shop.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:31 pm 

I happened to be going through Pine City earlier today and I snapped off a couple of PICS of the bridge.

The geep is parked just south of Hinckley. Looks to me like the south end is the issue but the north isn't exactly looking real strong either.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:00 pm 

I passed through Pine City about three weeks ago and it looks like nothing is happening on the bridge. Are they still planning on moving forward with the repairs?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:39 pm 

I was through there Sunday and nothing has happened yet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:14 pm 

I'm in Fargo until December so I cant get an update for ya either.

Post subject: Re: SCV Bridge
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:44 pm 

Sounds like the pile drivers finished up their work today, after nearly a week of 5 am to midnight pile Driving (Glad I don't live in the neighborhood) New Piers are being places south of old piers, and Bridge to be shifted so match new piers. Should be open in 3 to 4 weeks. Also this week they were re-building the crossing south of the Pine City Depot, a part of teh deal t close the crossing north of the depot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:25 pm 

did they keep the grizwolds?!?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:26 pm 

I was told the Griswalds were donated to the Iron Horse Museum near Chisago City (Thompsons), the Thompsons also got the rail and ties from the remains of the Creamery Spur a few weeks ago.

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 pm 

I thought they also had a semaphore from the pine city area also, atleast they went to a good home. is the crossing getting gates or just a stop sign?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:55 pm 

I'm not sure if new gates, that was the plan a couple years ago, when I was still working. I'm sure gates, as state and or Fed. $ is involved. I'll be in Pine on Tuesday, I'll try to take a look.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:33 pm 

Trains magazine online has a quick blurb about the new paint scheme along with a picture of 1393. It looks great!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:47 pm 

Yes, I sent them an email, and they said they would post it on the Trains News Wire, and hopes to have something in the next issue of Trains.

Marty

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next