[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - CSX Color scheme's
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: CSX Color scheme's
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:38 pm 

what is the "technical" term for these two color schemes. I.E. the BNSF has H1, H2, Swoosh/H3.

Color one.

http://brahamfireman.rrpicturearchives. ... id=1312567

Color two.

http://brahamfireman.rrpicturearchives. ... id=1249524

Post subject: Re: CSX Color scheme's
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Ugly, and uglier.

Sorry... I had to. I'm not a huge fan of CSX.

I belive I heard the term "Dark Future" or something used for the mostly blue paint scheme.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:03 am 

Boring 1

Boring 2

???

http://www.bullsheet.com/key-to-symbols/paint.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:08 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:22 am 
Site Admin

My pictures

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:56 am 

The second one is called "Dark Future" I believe.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:56 pm 

Ouch! So much hatred towards a railroad that still sports variety, shame on you! I don't remember the last time I shot any BNSF SD40-2 or an Oakway on the NTWGAL! But, I do know that you can find CSX SD40-2's and SD50(-2's) leading mainline trains on a semi-regular basis. Good luck shooting any spartan cab on a road train on the BNSF and UP up here, heck, even one on the CP would be tough. Anyway, enough with my rant.

The first scheme is YN2, or Bright Future. Used from 1992 I believe all the way until 2002 when they switched to the new scheme. The new Blue scheme is YN3, or Dark Future. YN=Yellow Nose.

CSX has painted alot of their older schemed' units lately, but here is the YN1 scheme, which was the scheme right after Stealth. On Stealth and the later scheme with Blue added, the yellow noses were applied after they wanted to make a higher visibilty push.
http://wctransfer.rrpicturearchives.net ... id=1642097

Yup, just an SD45-2 passing a CPL signal on the CSX on the 14th of this month. No big deal :shock:

Alec

Last edited by WisconsinCentral on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:00 pm 

Woops... Silly me for not seeing the link..

Alec :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:08 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:38 pm 

Decrepit? Oh, ya, I guess these are pretty rough looking.
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=1363858

Alec

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:42 pm 

seriously guys who cares. Yes they do run alot of old power, alot when compared to the one major and two minor players we have here in town, and yes some of there units are pretty ratty looking. All i wanted was what the general railfan term was for the color scheme.

I'm just not a CSX fan in general because there from out east. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:48 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:02 am 

Well, of course they aren't all dinner eating material, but since around November of last year they have painted atleast 15 of them, so a large number of all the ones running are in Dark Future now.

Alec

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:49 am 
Site Admin

I think, in general, power models and paint schemes can be mutually exclusive. I would rather see a C8-40 or U25B in any scheme or even peeling paint. Although, having said that, some paint schemes are synonymous with a certain model.

My pictures

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:01 pm 

Here is reason enough to like the CSX, not matter how old a units paint might be. http://wc_sd45_7500.rrpicturearchives.n ... id=1641980

The old family lines paint is coming out on this baby, and its heritage is former L&N as well. With that being said I have been told that this is probably one of two CSX SD40-2s painted in all stealth with no blue.

Douglas
New Brighton, MN
http://www.youtube.com/user/SD457500

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next