[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - CSX Color scheme's
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: CSX Color scheme's
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:26 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:49 pm 

Well, I guess not everyone knows a good thing when they see it, that was a lashup for the books. Here's another great CSX unit that managed to venture up here and lead out of town http://wc_sd45_7500.rrpicturearchives.n ... id=1643999 :D

Douglas
New Brighton, MN
http://www.youtube.com/user/SD457500

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:57 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:31 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:35 pm 

Well, for two days in a row, CSX power has powered the H-NTWGAL. Yesterday the 338,8084, and 8587. Today, the 27 and 8091.

Fossum, I guess you started railfanning in a bad time. Considering the BNSF doesn't even use SD40-2's anymore should maybe make you appreciate that, but I guess not. The paint is always nice, but the locomotive itself is what I care about. SD40-2's and all spartan cabs look better than the widecabs, period. Feel free to disagree, all I know is that all of you that piss and moan about paint on engines as rare as these should find something better to do. I've about had my lifetime fill of BNSF orange, and I hope all of you realize how horrible every single engine will look in about 5 years when they are all peached out.

Mike, I really have nothing to say other than have a nice day. Go look for fights on some other forum that your not banned on.

Alec

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:31 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 pm 

boy, whats up with the pissing match on here today? This is why alot of railfans are looked down on by the rail labor community. We don't get this bent out of shape and we operate them for a living. Yeah, Spartan cabs are getting rare, the blaze orange is everywhere. So is armour yellow and candyapple red. Photograph what you like. No need to piss in someone's wheaties over it. I'll out pull from a dead stop 3 new gevos with 2 SD 40's any day of the week.

I come here for humor and to see what the latest craze the "fans" are talking up. This is just pathetic with todays display. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:58 pm 

I dunno Chris I would still take the 40s at speed... ha But other wise.. who cares.. every one likes there own thing. I don't see why every one needs to get so uptight if someone likes shooting an engine that other people don't. Grow up a little bit people.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:10 pm 

[quote="willard1346"]I dunno Chris I would still take the 40s at speed... ha But other wise.. who cares.. every one likes there own thing. I don't see why every one needs to get so uptight if someone likes shooting an engine that other people don't. Grow up a little bit people.[/quote]

:arrow: Just to clarify, the SD 40's would rip the wheels off the GE's. I'm not impressed by them at all. The 40's would heat up, but you could always rely on them. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:40 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:18 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 am 

Whew!! Firemen aren't supposed to start fires are they :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:48 am 

Fight or not, whatever your intentions were, it definately comes across like that. Its ironic how often I have agreed with you in the past, but you enjoy jumping on everything I say. Heck, I love little scuffles like this, because I think we are all capable of keeping this somewhat civil. I, for one, am definately not afraid to disagree. But don't tell me you don't come across just a wee bit crass!

Well when you have a fleet of over 1000 engines it becomes more important for railroads to maintain them so that they run well, not what they look like. Shortlines are usually the railroads that have decent looking stuff, although you could point to just as many examples that show that to be wrong.

Alec

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next