[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - New ATCS Server
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New ATCS Server
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 pm 

New ATCS server

We have a potential host for a new server site in Columbia Heights. The plan is to have both the BNSF and CP(Canadian Pacific) MCP radios located there. The BCP radios will then be installed at the main server in White Bear Lake. The host in CH has offered to buy the 900mhz omni antenna (BNSF) which will cost about $100.00. I’ll provide the yagi antenna (CP). However both antennas will need feed lines and connectors. It would be greatly appreciated if someone or several individual would help with that cost. Contact me directly at odnrr@comcast.net for the details if you are able to help. This should provide 100% coverage for the BNSF ATCS Protocol in Minneapolis up Coon Creek and start coverage of the CP from Shoreham west ward.

Don Schoenberger

Post subject: Re: New ATCS Server
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:50 pm 

Sure is exciting stuff Don. I will get to work on "proofing" the Twin Cities layout for redistribution. Also of note, credit should go to Peter Dahlberg for his decoding of the Paynesville Sub as the Canadian Pacific ATCS installations use some uncommon bits that make decoding much more challenging.

-Nat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:37 pm 

Sounds good, how's the ATCS app for iPhone coming along guys? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 am 

John, here is an excerpt from a message from the Yahoo Group. Depending on your level of proficiency, it looks like it can be done through a logmein app, though there is no official app created at this point.

Excerpt:

Last night I downloaded and installed a new Apple iPhone Application
called 'LogMeIn Ignition'. This application is designed to be used
with the LogMeIn service (www.logmein.com) and allows remote
monitoring/manipulation of a PC or Mac running one of the LogMeIn
services (Free, Pro, IT Reach). While the same thing can be done
using only the Safari Browser built into the iPhone, this $29.99
application available from the iTunes store greatly simplifies and
enhances the remote monitoring process using built-in commands and
configuration for LogMeIn, such as saving passwords for both the
LogMein.com and the remote server as well as configures the login
process to fit the iPhone display screen.

Through remote control of PCs, Ignition provides an effective
mechanism for realtime ATCS Monitoring via the remote computer. This
means, for example, that I can watch the Jacksonville Terminal Layout
in REAL TIME on my iPhone through either the WiFi or 3G data
connection. This provides a new level of 'handheld' ATCS Monitoring
and works reasonably well.

A manual is available for download before purchase:
https://secure.logmein.com/products/ign ... sp?lang=en

The 'Ignition' application does have its quirks. The biggest issue
appears to be the screen resolution of the remote computer vs.
Ignition's ability to display it. This may be due to a limitation on
the iPhone. Users may be required to reduce the resolution of the
remote computer to properly work with the Ignition application. I
normally set my Gateway 24" monitor to 1980 x 1200 pixels which
Ignition can't handle. I have to reduce the resolution to 1920 x 1080
in order to display the full screen properly.

Among the nice features that I found is that it can allow monitoring
of dual-screen remote computers (I normally run two ATCS sessions on
one screen and three sessions on the second identical monitor) by
selecting the monitor to be viewed. One can zoom in and zoom out to
get a larger image of a portion of the screen.

This application certainly enhances the ATCS Monitoring experience.
It also simplifies my ability to remotely monitor the various ATCS
servers that I've installed in the Southeast. For SysOps, this is a
very useful application.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:59 am 

Wow! Thanks for sharing that I had no idea something like that existed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:02 am 

ask and you shall receive my friend. Looks like it can be done which is kinda cool. You might also see if you can find a "phone as modem" setup for the iphone with a laptop. I have a bluetooth dongle that I sometimes use between my blackberry and laptop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:12 pm 

Well done again guys, thanks for all the time, effort and $$ it takes to get these up and running, maybe we could set up a locomotive wash at Northtown this summer to help raise funds to cover the cost :!: