TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:39 pm 

Minnesota/No Dakota Update

Announcing a new server; We welcome Ed Burns in Anoka, MN.. Ed is hosting the area that was previously covered by the Ramsey Server which we lost a month ago.
The BNSF continues to work on installing more 900mhz ATCS radio code line on the Staples Sub for the Northstar Commuter Rail Project. Recently Big Lake and CP 421 were put in service. ARES vhf Big Lake is now retired. The Elk River Station should be next to come on line later this month.

A BIG thanks to Ed for offering to host this site and also for his cash contribution to the project.

Both the Staples/KO_CP Combined and Twin Cities Terminal layouts have been updated. The monitoring kits are available in the Files section.

Other Server News;
I’ve added a BNSF MCP radio to the Greenfield Server. With this radio addition we now have redundant coverage on the Staples Sub from Big Lake eastward to 35th Ave. for both MCP and BCP. Also added at Greenfield is a vhf ARES receiver for the BNSF Wayzata Sub to fill a gap in coverage from Wayzata W to Dassel W.

I’ve added a voice radio in the Willmar, MN area to cover the Wayzata, Morris, Marshall, Appleton Subs, and the Willmar Yard. This audio stream is via RadioReference.com: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=1928
The Layout has been changed to include both this link and also the link to the Twin Cities North voice stream. The Wayzata-Morris Monitoring Kit has been updated and is available in the Files Section.

Any questions or comments contact me directly; odnrr@comcast.net

Don Schoenberger