[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - New power?
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New power?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

MNNRFAN, I saw this photo: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/26 ... 5009SgidRU Is it still there? I need a photo of it!

My pictures

Post subject: Re: New power?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:29 pm 

Yes, it's still there, but I think the CF7 is blocking that view now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:51 pm 

I ran by this afternoon and she was behind the 484, it is one if the old BNSF B23-7's they where had to catch when they where on the rails so this one is a nicw buy for the Commercial.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:48 pm 

Actually it a much more rare - it is the one and only SF30B.
http://www.qstation.org/SF30B/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 pm 

Thanks for the info Andy that is a rare unit indeed, BTW the 484 was still blocking any chance of a shot this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:59 am 
Site Admin

I've stopped by several times since seeing MNNRFan's photo. It is buried deep.

My pictures

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 am 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:38 pm 

The never ending power swaps of the RR continue, this unit was sold two weeks ago and has left commercial property without ever being used. It sounds as if they got more $$ for the unit than what they paid for so it made good biz sense to do it but not so much for us railfans :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

I did get a shot of it a few weeks ago... http://flickr.com/photos/twincitiesrailfan/3003293730/

My pictures

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:48 pm 

You can add the former BNSF 4208 to the list of new power at the commercial. I spotted this unit last week at NTW near the turn table and this morning I spotted it at the MN Scale building across from the MNNR's yard office. It is in a great spot for pictures if you run by for a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:08 am 
Site Admin

I found it a week or two ago at NTW

My pictures

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 pm 

Former Conrail B23-7 1969 last seen at the Commercial yard back in Feb 2008 has returned to the yard one year later as the MNNR T-3.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:58 am 

Umm, that SF30B is still alive and well folks, and lets just say she looks "interesting" now. Dont worry looking for it, its in the roundhouse.

Alec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:30 pm 

Well she is indeed alive and well sporting a patch job like no other, she was spotted this morning working the Hiawtaha job so stop at the commercial was due this afternoon.

http://milwaukeeroadmatt.rrpicturearchi ... id=1586108

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:17 pm 

wow that is one sweet patch job. must have cost more in labor then material :lol:

I wonder why its MC and not MNNR. maybe a new reporting mark for a spin off company???